Now there's no excuse to not eat healthy even if you're craving fried rice. This guilt-free fried rice is gluten-free, vegan friendly, and tastes amazing. It is full of flavor and has a great mix of texture that you won't get bored of easily. It's a great meal replacement instead of the traditional fried rice that is full of grease and carbs. Here's to living healthier and fuller!
Healthy Fried Rice
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp ginger, minced
- ¼ cup assorted mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup cabbage, small dice
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, small dice
- ¼ cup edamame beans
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa, room temperature or cold
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce, or to taste, depending on desired spice
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame oil, for drizzling
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
In a wok or sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 – 7 minutes, or until translucent.
Add garlic and ginger and sauté another 3 – 4 minutes.
Add mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and red pepper. Sauté 4 – 5 minutes.
Add edamame. Sauté 1 minute.
Add in quinoa, sauté for 3 – 5 minutes or until quinoa is hot.
Add in sriracha and soy sauce. Sauté 2 minutes.
Drizzle sesame oil and sesame seeds on top for serving.